- Clean – has reduced carbon emissions; appliances require less maintenance
- Powerful and safe – it generates heat which is instantly available and readily controlled.
- Cheap – it is cheaper than solid fuels because it can be controlled and its heat is efficient for the purpose
- Portable – Total Gas cylinders can be carried from one point to another without any complications
- Durable – It can last you up to several refills if handles with care.
- Easy to use
- Total Gas is 50% heavier than air, tends to sink to the ground and can flow long distances along the ground and can collect in drains and gullies.
- Total Gas is odorless and an odor called Mercaptan is added to detect leaks.
- When mixed with air, can burn or explode when it meets a source of ignition.
- Latent heat of vaporization is needed to convert the liquid to gas. As the liquid boils, it needs to take heat energy from itself and its surroundings which makes containers cold to touch and in case of a huge gas emission, frost may appear.
- Total Gas pressure increases with temperature, as such if the temperature around the tank increases, the pressure inside the tank increases as the liquid expands.
- Safe to use
- Hot blue flame